Thursday, March 21, 2013

Emma's Room Update

The nursery really hasn't changed much in almost 7 years.  Everything is basically the same since we put it together before Abby was born.  I had gotten a little bored with the clutter so I decided to get another 9 cube storage unit to try to reduce the clutter and contain the amount of books we continue to accumulate.  Plus I know Emma will have more items, and extra space will be nice.  So here was the before:
That bookcase was from when I was in college and somehow has managed to hold up.  I wasn't thrilled with the circle table anymore really either.  So here is the after:
Less clutter, books are contained, lamp cord is behind the storage unit, and there are some girly colors in there.  Megan decided on the tote storage locations.  I usually keep a couple open for books that are too big/tall for the cubes but can lay flat.  I think 2 of the totes are empty so there is a lot of extra room in there to spare for now.  I'd like to think with our decluttering efforts we might not fill them soon, but I know better.  Right now Emma's shoes that fit, and the ones that are too big are in two of the totes, and then books are in the bottom two.  Thanks to the Imagination Library, Emma's book collection is growing quickly.

Sadly, that was my last thing to assemble and I'm not sure what my next task will be......but I think I might take another stab at the pantry since it's still kicking my butt on organizing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment